Sunday, January 24, 2010



Pieces Of My Dream
by T F Parinello
© 2006


Sometimes I feel like a jigsaw puzzle
When the picture is not yet clear
When I am all in pieces
Spread out
Not sorted
Just a smear
Searching for a union of a piece at a time
But feeling that the picture will never be mine
Bits and pieces sometimes make it seem
That there may be a picture there
The picture of my dreams
Thousands of choices to choose from
Picking from here and there
Always wondering if this is the one
Most often ending in despair
Turning and spinning desperately
To make a fit
Disappointed again and tiring a bit
I try to be persistent
Give it another try
Sometimes getting closer
But much time has gone by
Will I ever see the picture before I get old
Will I still be dreaming
When I die and turn cold
It is just a puzzle
This dream of mine
But I'll keep trying
One piece at a time



No comments:

Post a Comment